Today, the perception of family is very broadly defined. The diversity of family patterns is growing and the family portrait is experiencing major changes. Families are not static structures, but are changing their individual curriculum. A father-mother-child-family becomes a so called “one-parent-family”, which can change to a patchwork family, as soon as the mother or father moves in with a new partner. There is also the so called “copareting”, when separated parents share child custody. The social scientist Rüdiger Peuckert said that family is more and more multi-local. Today’s parents have a lot of questions regarding parenting and education. They have a high demand for information and often the desire for professional advice and assistance. In many cases, contact is sought with other parents, which are in a similar situation. In the light of the above, the state of Baden-Württemberg has launched the development of childcare facilities into family centers. The goal is to advice and help families. The childcare facilities of the Studierendenwerk have 95 spots. The intercultural work enjoys high priority, because the students’ children are from around the world. For years, the families have been given the opportunity to exchange views on intercultural similarities and differences in the sense of living together. A broader foundation can be settled on developing the family center through binding cooperations. In this spirit, I wish you and ourselves a good cooperation and a warm welcome to diversity.Michael Postert General ManagerHere you can download the current brochure on the family center.
10.-11. October - Orientation
23. October - Excursion- historic steam train from Karlsruhe to Bad Herrenalb
28. October - French evening
29. October - International Ping Pong tournament
02. November - Latin American evening
07. November - 10th anniversary of solidarity meal
17. November - Wine celebration
19. November - German language and game evening
21. November - Workshop intercultural training
25. November - German-french forum in Strasbourg
25. November - Sushi Workshop
28. November - Felting Workshop
02. December - Christmas party in the ISC for International students, student refugees - Kids are welcome!