Eltern – Kind- Café
Parent – Child - Café
The Studierendenwerk and the UStA from KIT organize a so called “Eltern-Kind-Café” about three times a semester in the International Student Center. This meeting serves as a network meeting for students with children. You can exchange information or you can talk about mutual child care and help there.
Elternkurse „Starke Eltern - Starke Kinder“
(Classes for Parents „Strong Parents – Strong Children“)
The Kinderschutzbund Karlsruhe
offers this course for parents to address mothers and fathers who want to strengthen their self-esteem as educators and improve the communication within their families.
Together you can try to develop a new point of view and find solutions through reflection of your own behaviour while bringing up your children, and with the help of practical exercises from the actual daily routine of child education.
Elternnetzwerk der Hochschule Pforzheim
Parent network at the Hochschule Pforzheim
from the Hochschule Pforzheim gives advice to parents or future parents and helps them with their questions on the compatibility of studying and family. This network meets regularly at information events, at which you can exchange information, as well as enjoy the opportunity of getting to know contact persons for all questions concerning studying with children.
(Centre for Mothers in Karlsruhe)
The Mütterzentrum gewächsHAUS
in Karlsruhe Südstadt offers room for families to grow. The centre serves as a meeting point to make contact, chat, or to ask questions and exchange ideas and experiences.
Kinderbüro der Stadt Karlsruhe
(Bureau for Children of Karlsruhe)
in the Kinderbüro of Karlsruhe offers a considerable amount of information on Karlsruhe's parentcafés and education offers for parents.
(The Clothing Shop)
is an offer from the Kinderschutzbundes
in Karlsruhe. People in need from Karlsruhe and the surrounding areas can get clothing, toys, and books there. Buggies and infant carriers for bikes or cars are also usually in stock.
- Tuesday from 9.30 a.m. to 12.00 p.m.
- Wednesday from 3 p.m. to 5.30 p.m.
In the Kaiserallee 109 in Karlsruhe.
Well preserved and cheap clothes and toys can also be obtained at 2nd hand stores
Diaper Changing Units
- DHBW: Diaper Changing Unit in the toilet for the disabled in the first floor, across from model factory.
- Hochschule Karlsruhe: In consultation with the office for equal rights of the PH parents from the HS can use the PH’s equipment.
- Hochschule Pforzheim: At each faculty there is a diaper changing unit. Please inform yourself about the precise locations.
- KIT: IT (Geb. 50.34): diaper changing unit in the women’s toilet in the basement; in the Mensa (Geb. 01.13): diaper changing unit in the women’s and the men’s toilets
- PH Karlsruhe: Building IV, Room 434 (women’s toilet), Building I (Krabbelstube in the basement) there are accessible diaper changing units. In the Krabbelstube there is also a nursing chair. Furthermore there is a fridge for expressed milk or baby food. There is also a micro wave for heating the baby food.
- children‘s play corners in Karlsruhe
Wissenstor – Das Lernzentrum der Badischen Landesbibliothek
(Gate of Wisdom – The Education Centre of the Badische Landesbibliothek)
A room appropriate for children, so that young parents can study there.
- Room for studying with two desks for adults as well as a play zone for several children between 0 and 3
- diaper changing units
- level access
Opening Hours of the Wissenstor
- Mo - Fr 9.00 a.m. to 9.00 p.m.
- Sa 10.00 a.m. to 8.00 p.m.
in the Erbprinzenstraße 15 in Karlsruhe.
Borrowing Toys in Pforzheim
At the Ludothek in the Bernhardushaus in Pforzheim, Barfüßergasse 12, you can borrow toys for a small fee. You can find more information at: http://www.ludothek-pforzheim.de