About BAföG and Finances
Will the corona pandemic and the postponement of the 2020 summer semester affect my BAföG?
The corona crisis has affected my parents or one of them; they have little or no income. Do I get more BAföG now?
If you have not received a BAföG due to the parental income, but your parents now earn less, you can apply for a new BAföG at any time and with an update the current parental income counts.Case constellation 2:
If you already receive BAföG, but your parents' income is currently lower (e.g. due to short-time work), you can apply for a BAföG update and our office will check the amount of your current entitlement.Note: if you have any further questions, please contact the Financial Support Agency at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Will my parents still be entitled to maintenance support?
I am considering taking a vacation semester because of the Corona crisis. What do I have to consider?
Am I currently entitled to housing benefit if I lose my job or my wage?
Am I entitled to unemployment benefits II if I lose my part-time job or my wages?
Full-time students are generally excluded from benefits under SGB II.There are exceptions only in a few cases, for example:
- During a vacation semester due to pregnancy / raising children or on leave of absence due to own illness / impairment. It is important that no academic achievements be completed during the leave of absence; otherwise, the unemployment benefits II are endangered and can be reclaimed. In addition, there are also other requirements. You can discuss whether you are entitled unemployment benefits II with the Social counselling of the Studierendenwerk.
- In cases of hardship, for example in the event of a loss of financing through no fault of their own and far advanced studies, benefits may be granted as loans pursuant to § 27 para. 3 SGB II. This will be checked by the Jobcenter.
- Additional entitlements for certain beneficiaries according to § 21 SGB II; this applies, for example, to students with children or students with disabilities
I lost my job. Where can I search for job offers?
- Delivery services for food and beverages
- Supermarkets, grocery stores
- Cleaning companies
- Harvest helpers: www.daslandhilft.de
Could I also receive short-time work allowance as a job student?
In addition to my studies, I am self-employed or a freelancer and have lost my orders due to government measures to curb the coronavirus or can no longer carry them out. Do I have compensation claims under the Infection Protection Act?
What can I do if I am currently unable to pay for my health insurance, rent, mobile phone bill, etc.?
Where can I get financial help? Do I have to take out a loan?
What should I watch out for when considering a student loan?
I am receiving BAföG and have an additional income from working in the fight against the corona pandemic. How does this affect my BAföG?
This income is only consider in the calculation for BAföG during the months in which the BAföG-funded persons earn an income from the fight against pandemic.
All information here: https://www.bmbf.de/de/karliczek-bafoeg-anspruch-bleibt-bei-engagement-gegen-corona-pandemie-erhalten-10653.html