The Studierendenwerk Karlsruhe has formed a crisis team that continuously monitors current developments on COVID-19, is in contact with all other relevant actors and defines appropriate measures.
Due to the worsening situation and the rapidly increasing rate of corona infections in Baden-Württemberg, the government of the state of Baden-Württemberg has passed a legal regulation on measures to protect against infection. Regarding the area of responsibility of the Studierendenwerk Karlsruhe, the following institutions will remain closed until April 19, 2020:
- all dining halls and cafeterias
- Kindergarten "Blumenland" (from 17.03.2020)
- Day-care facility "Sternschnuppe" (from17.03.2020)
- the Studentenhaus, Adenauerring 7, Karlsruhe (The availability of all departements is guaranteed by phone and email)
Counselling only via phonePersonal counselling will be discontinued
, the counselling services can be reached via phone. Please inform yourself about the phone numbers and hours on the website of the individual service.
Office hours only via phone, contact at 0721 6909-200. We summarized all questions regarding the topic Student Residences in einer Corona-FAQ
, which you can read here
. As a tenant, please note the following: You can reach the housemasters only by phone; phone numbers can be found in the student residences. Please also note as a tenant the announcements in the student residences
Questions regarding BAföG are answered in our FAQ about BAföG and Finances
. The most important answer: No disadvantages with BAföG because of Corona: Press release from March 13th, 2020
. You can contact the Financial Support Agency only via mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Psychological Help for students(PBS)
During the corona outbreak, we would like to continue to support you by telephone. Unfortunately, we currently cannot offer a personal consultation until further notice.
You are welcome to call us Monday to Friday between 9 a.m. and 12 noon at 0721 933 40 60 and make an appointment for a phone consultation. You can find more information on the PBS here.
Studentische Kulturzentrum / Ballroom
The Studentische Kulturzentrum closes the ballroom in the Studentenhaus
for all public events until at least the end of April. Regarding the rehearsals of the different groups, it will be decided if alternative dates are justifiable. Furthermore, no new events for 2020 are accepted until further notice.
We will inform you about current changes at short notice.
- Self-service products only packaged: In our facilities, self-service products are only delivered packaged.
- Self-service counters: Self-service / buffet counters such as the Schnitzelbar will remain closed until further notice.
- Cutlery distribution by personnel: The cutlery is distributed by the personnel.
- Notice boards on Corona: Posters inform in dining halls, cafeterias and student residences.
- We do not handshake in our counselling facilities and during consultation hours and give those seeking advice a friendly smile.
Further meetings of the crisis teams will take place on an ongoing basis, so we will update continuously the measures.
Notice for people infected with the coronavirus
Affected people should contact their general practitioner by phone and discuss how to proceed before going to the practice. First, it should be clarified whether there are factors for a possible suspected case. When returning from a crisis area
- regardless of possible symptoms - you should prevent unnecessary contacts for two weeks. Before going back to work, you should contacted your employer by phone.
The State Health Office has set up a hotline for citizens seeking advice for all questions relating to the corona virus. You can reach the employees daily (also on weekends) between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. by phone 0711 904-39555.
Bundeszentrale für gesundheitliche Aufklärung: FAQs zur Corona/Hygienetipps
(in German)Robert-Koch-Institut: current information
(some pages in English)Sozialministerium BW: Stand in Baden-Württemberg