Info about the first consultation
If you want to make an appointment at PBS for the first time...
- The waiting times for a first consultation depend on demand and can vary between a few days and several weeks. In urgent cases, we will try to offer you a timely appointment.
- Please find out more about our work beforehand:
- General conditions of the consultation at the PBS
- Privacy Information (in German)
- Even „after“ Corona: Bei Krankheitssymptomen zum Zeitpunkt eines Beratungstermins melde dich rechtzeitig telefonisch, so dass wir entweder einen neuen Termin finden können oder das Gespräch telefonisch durchführen können.
If you have symptoms of illness before the appointment, call us in good time so that we can either find a new appointment or conduct the conversation over the phone.
If you have any questions or need more information, please get in touch!
How does the first consultation take place?
It would also be helpful if you would fill out our questionnaire in our waiting area. This helps us to get an overview of your situation and to deal with your request professionally and as comprehensively as possible. In addition, we use the anonymous questionnaires statistically to control our work and to record trends. Your effort to fill out the questionnaire will benefit all future clients.
The consultation itself lasts about 45-50 minutes and serves to get to know you as a person, your life situation and your problem. At the end of the consultation, we will give you - if possible and desired - recommendations for further action, which can consist of information, advice or suggestions for further psychotherapeutic support.
What about after the first consultation?
If, after the first consultation or in the further course of the consultation, we come to the impression that other "helpers" (e.g. other specialized advice centers, self-help groups, clinics, doctors, student advisory services, etc.) will better suit your concerns than these PBS or additionally would make sense, we will provide you with the relevant information and addresses.