- we only use goods that do not contain genetically modified organisms (GMOs) in accordance with the new EU regulation (foodstuffs in which the proportion of GMOs exceeds 0.9% must be labelled),
- we prefer regional products for all fresh produce. Short transport routes make it possible for us to offer particularly fresh products.
- we always have offers for guests on vegetarian or vegan diets on our menus,
- we pay attention to a varied menu and like to offer our customers something special through special promotions,
- we stand for a very good price-performance ratio,
- we offer a pleasant ambience in our facilities.
Under the mensaVital brand, we offer you dishes on the vegan line in the dining hall am Adenauerring that are prepared with natural ingredients without flavour enhancers, are particularly gentle on vitamins and are low in fat.The concept behind mensaVital.
"Students need a light and balanced diet!" That's why a consortium of several East German student unions developed the "mensaVital" menu line. Under the mensaVital brand, many student unions throughout Germany now offer meals that stimulate the body, mind and taste buds in equal measure - perfect for staying mentally fit and full of energy throughout the working and studying day. Carefully composed and nutritionally balanced recipes create a creative, wholesome menu that is characterised above all by the vitamin-preserving preparation of natural ingredients. An interdisciplinary team consisting of chefs, dieticians, dieticians and ecotrophologists regularly works on the further development of the menu line.mensaVital stands for:
- nutritionally balanced composition of ingredients,
- vitamin-preserving and low-fat preparation,
- use of high-quality fats and oils,
- contribution to "5 a day" (5 portions of fruit and vegetables a day),
- careful food selection (whole grain products, legumes, nuts, lean meat, colourful vegetables),
- daily offer of fish, meat, vegan and vegetarian dishes in balanced proportions,
- Refrain from fried and breaded foods,
- avoidance of highly processed foods,
- fresh and natural ingredients,
- avoidance of flavourings and taste enhancers,
- use of fresh herbs,
- creative recipes and
- combination of regional and international cooking influences.
For more information, visit www.mensavital.de.