Rights and obligations as a student?

For students, starting their studies means not only acquiring new specialist knowledge, but also exercising new rights and obligations. This may raise questions. Within the scope of her responsibility, our legal advisor at the Social and Legal advice office is happy to advise all students, who are enrolled at a Karlsruhe or Pforzheim university and are looking for answers.

We provide initial information in the event of uncertainty in the relevant legal areas and tell you which agencies you should continue to contact. Due to the many years of activity, a large network of cooperation and contact partners is available. There is no legal representation, nor is there any correspondence.

„Your rights. Your obligations. Our concern.“ – Your Social and Legal Advice of the Studierendenwerk Karlsruhe

We will provide you with initial information on the following student-specific areas of law:
  • Tenancy
  • Alimony law
  • Laws and ordinances on entry and residence
  • Social security and social rights issues, such as health insurance
  • Disability, pregnancy, studying with children
  • Income support, housing benefit, child benefit and child-raising allowance
  • General university regulations, esp. completion of exams
  • Second repetitions
  • Broadcast contribution issues

Please note that legal advice is only given in German.

What do I need to bring to the appointment with me?
Please send with your appointment request the following documents
  • Current enrollment paper as well as
  • A picture of your student ID.

Currently only phone consultations.