Become a resident advisor!

What is a resident advisor (RA)?
Our student residences in Karlsruhe and Pforzheim have a student self-administration (SV). It consists of the student residence speaker (and deputy), the economic commission and other RAs. The RAs are elected by the residents in a general assembly.

You want to organize...

  • cooking evenings
  • residence parties
  • meet-ups for new residents
  • table football tournaments
  • games and movie nights
  • excursions
  • running meeting
  • BBQ evenings and much more?

The you should become a RA!

Which are the advantages?

  • extension of residence time within the framework of the guidelines (1 semester extension for one semester of being an RA; a maximum of 2x possible in total)
  • confirmation of activity, which can be an addition to your cv
  • right to have a say and support on important issues relating to living in a student residence

How do I become a RA?
Contact your student residence speaker and Ras in your student residence. You will receive information about when the next election will take place. The election takes place at the residents' general assembly. If you are elected by your roommates, the Studierendenwerk will appoint you as a RA.


  • you are a resident of the student residence in which you want to become a RA
  • your remaining living time is at least 1 year
  • you are communicative, open-minded, have organizational skills, a high level of energy, flexibility and creativity
  • you enjoy community activities and their preparation and implementation


How can you contact the Housing Departement of the Studierendenwerk Karlsruhe?

In person
in the Studentenhaus Adenauerring 7
76131 Karlsruhe
(only possible after prior appointment by phone)

Call 0721 6909-200