What does a Studierendenwerk do?
- Many students have little money. The Studierendenwerk tells students where they can get money.
- Students need a place to live. The Studierendenwerk gives students rooms in halls of residence. A hall of residence is a place where many students can live. Students don't have to pay much money there.
- Students also need something to eat and drink, of course. The Studierendenwerk has cafeterias and dining halls at the universities. These are places where students can eat cheaply.
- Some students have children. The Studierendenwerk has day-care centres. The children can play, eat and sleep there during the day. Students can then study better.
- Sometimes students have worries or problems. Then they feel bad. Students can talk to someone in the Studierendenwerk. It feels good when someone listens and helps.
The Studierendenwerk Karlsruhe is a non-profit organisation. Non-profit means that people help other people. The Studierendenwerk receives money from the state of Baden-Württemberg for this.