In order to get to the finish faster, here are some tips for filling out your application:
- Applications for the winter semester are possible from 1st April of a year, for the summer semester from 1st October of the previous year.
- The application is also possible before you have received your admission to your university.
- Students, who are also scientific assistants, doctoral candidates, trainee teachers or volunteers, cannot apply for student residences,
- As well as apprentices and vocational students.
- You can only submit one application per person.
- Our residential units are generally not separated by gender, religion, or nationality.
- Apartments are exclusively for single parents with children, couples and families.
- When applying as couples, each partner must submit an application and each partner must be enrolled at a university.
- If you are interested in a bicycle-box or parking-spot, please contact us at +49 721 6909-200 or send us an email.
- The rooms in our residences are allocated regardless of the application date.
- Submission of an application does not guarantee accommodation.
- If no rooms are available on the desired date, your application will be placed on a waiting list (the waiting period may be 1-2 semesters).
- As we have relatively few appartments available, the waiting time for this is approx. 1 year or more.
- As soon as we can offer you a room, we’ll let you know.
- After submitting the application, you will receive an unencrypted email to verify your data.
- If you have activated your application with the confirmation link and you want to make changes to your application, please send us an email.
- Your application is valid for 6 months. During this period, you will periodically receive an email with a link, which you must confirm if you are still interested in accommodation at the Studierendenwerk Karlsruhe. If you are still interested after this period, you must submit a new application.
Since the Studierendenwerk Karlsruhe cannot offer a room to all applicants, we recommend you to apply for residences of other agencies
or use our private accommodation service
. Furthermore, here are some tips for finding accommodation
. You can also ask our Housing scout
for advice.Apply now! We wish you good luck!