Cashless payment in dining halls and cafeterias
You can pay cashless in all of our dining halls and cafeterias, and in many places you may have to because - to keep waiting times for students as short as possible – there are no more cash registers.
You can use your student ID card (Hochschulkarte/studentenausweis) as a chip card:
- at the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT) you use your "KITCard"
- at the Hochschule Karlsruhe für Technik und Wirtschaft your "CampusCard"
- at the Duale Hochschule Baden-Württemberg Karlsruhe you use your "Studierendenkarte"
- at the Hochschule Pforzheim you use your student ID card
- at all other universities you can get a cashless payment card by presenting your student ID card. You can get this card at the cashiers of your dining hall. The card costs a single payment of 2.50 Euro and a deposit in the amount of 7.50 Euro.